We can provide QuickBooks solutions to meet your unique needs, answer specific questions, or conduct one-on-one or group training sessions — remotely or in your office.
“With your help I have been able to accurately price jobs, make more money and save time in estimating, paying bills, tracking invoices, PO’s, etc. You are a very good QuickBooks teacher!
- Michael Leshner, President, STO Sound & Vision
Remote File Review and Assessment Report
QuickBooks is an excellent tool for job cost accounting and project management. But it must be set up and maintained correctly to provide the information needed to run a construction or custom installation company effectively.
This service provides an assessment of your QuickBooks data file. You will receive a comprehensive report that reviews your financial set-up and provides recommendations. Our clients benefit from this service because it helps them determine how to use QuickBooks to better manage their company.You will learn how to utilize your QuickBooks data to evaluate profitability of the different profit centers of your company.The Remote File Review and Assessment program starts with you uploading a backup of your file to a secure site. We will evaluate the data and create a printed assessment document for your review. This detailed document includes recommendations for your company as well as best practices. The service is limited to a review of your file followed by a written assessment of findings and suggestions. No changes will be made to your file.
“Of all the money I have spent over the last fifteen years on financial consultants, none has been as useful as what we spent to get your assessment done.”
-Mark P. DiPietro, President, Custom Home Integrations, Mooresville, NC
The assessment covers the relevant entries from the following list:
- Chart of Accounts setup
- Items list contents
- Use of Class tracking
- Entering of transactions associated with production
- Entering of transactions associated with overhead expenses
- Use of Timesheet
- Use of Estimates
- Generation of invoices
- Handling of Customer Deposits
- Handling of Change Orders
- Usefulness/completeness of various Job Cost Reports
- Accuracy of posting procedures as observed in P&L
- Asset and Loan setup
- Any other function as requested by client
QuickBooks Financial Tune-up Package
This five hour online training course consists of three sessions, during which your specific data, processes and needs are analyzed. Included with this training package is a profit guide from Profit Press titled: “Health Checkup for Your Construction Business”.
After completing this training series you should be able to:
- Understand creating an Income Statement/ Balance Sheet to accurately reflect your profitability
- Create estimates and manage a system to compare estimated to actual costs for your jobs
- Determine the best method for producing invoices to customers
- Establish the best method for job costing payroll if necessary
- Develop standardized method for handling customer deposits
- Determine if there is need for additional training and/or consultation
Session #1 – Accounting Health Check Session (2 Hours)
- Introductory training session in which we determine your accounting strengths and weaknesses
- Client submits their top 3-4 concerns/pain points with QuickBooks prior to this session
- Review QuickBooks setup of chart of accounts, items, jobs, payroll and other lists
- Review Income Statement/Balance Sheet to give insight into status of accounting system
- Assign action items to occur prior to session #2 and beyond
Session #2 – Accounting Best Practice/ Process Overview (2 Hours)
- Address issues and action items from session #1
- Recommend and demonstrate solutions to critical issues/pain points identified in session #1
- Determine company specific best practices for using QuickBooks to optimize its effectiveness
- Assign action items to occur prior to session #3 and beyond
Session #3 – Review/ Final Recommendations (1 Hour)
- Summary training session during which we review progress and make final recommendations
- Confirm effectiveness of processes and best practices implemented
- Answer any additional questions and recommend any further action items necessary
For individual QuickBooks consulting information, please refer to the
Individual Consulting page.